Consumer Participation and Diversity Advisors
Tweddle Child and Family Health Service are seeking consumer participants that reflect the diverse communities that we serve.
We are proud to serve families from across the state, with a focus on families in Melbourne’s north and west. Tweddle welcomes people of all backgrounds, cultures, nationalities, religions and sexual identify. It is a priority to ensure that our services are accessible, appropriate and fair for all families, visitors and carers.
We seek to create a safe and welcoming environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and provide a culturally respectful space for all families. Tweddle offers interpreters at admission and intake, for two hours on the family’s first day and on a needs basis on following days.
Tweddle Consumer Participation and Diversity Advisors
There are numerous ways members of our community can get involved. Parents and carers who have had a connection with our programs and services may choose to work with us as a consumer so they can help shape the care of our families into the future.
It is important that Tweddle’s services and workforce reflect the communities we serve. We are encouraging the participation of our diverse families to inform and evaluate a range of processes, forms, programs and digital content.
- Work with you in the morning, afternoon or evening, online, telephone or face to face, with or without interpreters
- Provide a list of all consumer opportunities for review, ie forms, website, physical location, feedback forms, flyers, signage, processes, programs.
- Publish data about the process and outcomes
- Develop and improve tools to help families at risk of not understanding information
- Continue to develop the process for collection of feedback including post discharge experience surveys, complaints, compliments and suggestions.
To become a Consumer Participant at Tweddle, please phone Kerrie Gottliebsen on 03) 9689 1577 or send an email.
Tweddle has a commitment to honouring and celebrating diversity in all staff, volunteers, and families, including full participation in programs, policy formulation, and decision-making. We acknowledge the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.